Office of The City Clerk
The City Clerk serves as a document and information source to City Council, City Departments, and the Citizens of Sharon.
The powers and the duties of the City Clerk include:
- Attend all meetings of Council and keep full minutes and recording of its proceedings.
- Be responsible for the recordings, filming, indexing, safekeeping of all proceeds of Council.
- Record in full, uniformly and permanently, all ordinances and resolutions, and authenticate the same.
- Certify copies of any book, paper, record, bylaw, rule, regulation, resolution, ordinance, or other proceedings of the City under the seal of the City.
- Receive affidavits, issues petitions, and certify the sufficiency of all initiative or referendum petitions, or otherwise perform any duties of the City Clerk as required by Article XVI of this Charter with respect to initiative and referendum.
- Keep and maintain all electronic records.
- Notify the City Manager of the impending expiration of the term of office of a member on any board or commission, such notice to be given at least thirty (30) days before expiration.
- Deliver to his or her successor the seal and all of the books, papers, and other records and matters belonging to the City.
- Be the custodian of the official seal of the City.
- Perform such other additional duties as requested by Council or the City Manager.